Pure Income Protection for the Self Employed
To get a quick income protection insurance calculation please fill in the form below. We offer a transparent and simple approach
We are a mutual friendly society established in 1927 to help our members and share our profits with them.
Here for you
In the last nine years over 99% of all claims paid and over 70% new claims paid within a week.
- Up to £1,200 benefit tax free per week
- Benefit payable from day one or deferred by 4, 13, 26 or 52 weeks
- A tax free lump sum on retirement
Phone: 0121 452 1066
Specialist providers of Pure Income Protection insurance to the self-employed and professional business people.
Trusted since 1927
dg mutual specialises in income protection insurance for self-employed people. If you are self-employed and worry about paying bills and general finances if you are unable to work, dg mutual offer a range of plans including sick pay insurance. dg mutual is an expert private insurer established in 1927.
Frequently Asked Questions
We like to be as transparent as possible. Here we have answered the most requently asked questions. If you have anymore questions please contact us.
Is income protection insurance right for you?
There are many instances where people can benefit from an Income Insurance Protection plan from dg mutual :-
- Those with family responsibilities
- Home owners looking to protect mortgage payments
- Anyone with regular monthly outgoings, such as loans, credit card payments, council tax and other bills
- Self-employed people whose income is entirely dependent on them working
- Those with full-time household duties, who may need to pay for help with things like childcare if they are incapacitated.
Benefits of a policy from dg mutual
- Benefit payable from day 1 or 4, 13, 26 and 52 weeks of illness or injury
- Retirement ages of 55 or 60
- No Occupational Premium Loadings
- No Smoker Premium Loadings
- Constant or reducing benefit
(Reducing benefit is available for Day One cover only)
- Escalating benefit option – payable after 52 weeks of claim. Benefit will escalate by 3% and will continue to increase at that rate for every year the claim is valid
- Tax free lump sum at end of policy
(Free from UK personal income tax and capital gains tax under current legislation)
- Double Bond option – benefit levels are unchanged but additional subscriptions will double the amount of bonus apportionment awarded annually.
Our members are self employed or contractors
We know everything there is to know about protecting your income.
I claimed on the Day 1 Income Protection scheme for a period of time when I was unable to work and I found it to be an extremely beneficial to me. I was paid from the first day that I couldn’t work until I was able to return. The service was excellent, there was very little paperwork in claiming and I was supported by the guys on Omega really well. I’m happy to recommend this to any self employed professional.Dr Susan Deacon King
I broke my left humerus and had to take the best part of 6 months off work. I was very relieved that I had the Day 1 cover in place and I was paid from the very first day I couldn’t go to work until I returned fully six months later. The claims process itself was easy and Deirdre from Omega and Kevin in dg were extremely helpful. I found I could be honest with them and they would take my word for my progress, no need for medical reports and examinations. I was very glad I had the cover in place as I was able to pay all of my bills while I couldn’t work. I would highly recommend it to any self-employed professional Vet.Martin Ryan Vet
I had to make a short term claim on my Day 1 policy for a brief illness that kept me out of work for a few days. I found everyone we dealt with in Omega and dg really helpful in processing the claim as quickly as possible. Having made a claim it gives me great peace of mind knowing that the policy does pay out and that we can rely on it if we ever need it again. I am very happy to recommend it to other Physiotherapists.Lorraine Carroll Chartered Physiotherapist, Dublin
No. 4, Park Farm Barns, Chester Road, Stonebridge, Warwickshire, CV7 7TL
Tel: 0121 452 1066 Fax: 0121 452 1077
Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority